• To conduct community capacity development, institutional strengthening, basic physical infrastructure development and livelihood improvement programmes;
• To support income-generation, skill development, enterprise development and market linkages;
• To create awareness on health, hygiene and sanitation;
• To create positive interventions on agriculture, livestock, livelihood and food security;
• To conduct activities for improved natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, ecotourism, forestry, watershed management and alternative energy promotion;
• To minimize gender inequalities by conducting women’s empowerment and children welfare programmes;
• To assist in mitigating social and political conflicts and to promote social inclusion, inclusive development, peace and progressive development;
• To advocate for policy level intervention with special focus on health.